In this article, you will learn what a pocket spring mattress is and what makes it so comfortable.
We know that buying a new mattress can be a pretty stressful endeavor, especially if you do not know where to start or how to navigate the names of the different technologies used in mattresses. One of the most common questions we get asked is about pocket spring technology, which is used in many of the mattresses on the market.
What is a Pocket Spring Mattress?
Pocket spring core technology, named after the English words pocket and spring, is a system of many individually packed springs. Each of these springs is located in its own fabric pocket. Such a structure provides much better support for the body and excellent comfort. Unlike a regular Bonnell pack, where the springs are connected to each other, a mattress with individually arranged springs does not allow movement to be transmitted across the entire surface. The main disadvantage of Bonnell packs and their frame-connected springs is that the connected elements move as a unit, and when you toss and turn in bed at night, it also disturbs your partner. With pocket spring technology, this is avoided.
When is a Pocket Spring Mattress the Right Choice?
Because the springs of pocket spring mattresses are absolutely independent of each other, the movement is not transferred between them. This type of mattress is the perfect choice if you and your partner have a significant weight difference, as it ensures that you maintain the correct body position throughout the night.
This type of mattress is also recommended for people with intervertebral disc disease. The individually arranged springs allow the placement of a memory foam layer that envelops the body and does not stress the muscles and joints during sleep.
To provide your body with comfortable and stable support, we recommend a pocket spring mattress in combination with memory foam.
In the following video, you can see the effect of hundreds of springs packed in fabric pockets and not glued together!
Finally, remember that buying a mattress is a long-term investment, and you should feel confident in your choice.
The main advantages of spring mattresses
- The pocket springs, thanks to their independent point action and uniform compression, form a 100% orthopedic base
- Pocket springs made of hardened steel with high carbon content withstand heavy loads and years of active use
- The pocket spring core is absolutely silent, and a large number of independent support points does not transmit the partner’s movements during sleep
- The pocket spring core “breathes”, because the movement of the springs constantly brings fresh air into the mattress
- The pocket spring core is comfortable in any sleeping position, as it contracts over the entire height and adapts to the body
- Pocket springs improve the anatomical shape of the mattress thanks to their large contact area
- The pocket spring mattress is also a prerequisite for a harmonious relationship with the spouse
If you are looking for a Pocket Spring mattress, check out our reviews: