In this review, we will try to look at all the features of the mattress. You will learn everything you need to make an informed decision. We will pay attention to size, firmness level, feel, warranty, shipping and more. Enjoy reading, and have a good sleep 🙂
|5-zoned foam core|
Memory Foam for spinal support
Firmness – Medium (5 out of 10)
Suitable for all sleeping
1-3 Working days delivery
200 nights trial
- Breathable, temperature-regulating tech
- Comfortable with great back support
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Washable cover
- Too Soft for heavier people
from more than 32 000 customers
Emma Original Mattress Review 2023
Table of content:
- What material is Emma Original Mattress made of?
- What is its firmness?
- How does it feel?
- Is it suitable for any bed?
- Does it have a removable cover?
- Does it have a home test period?
- Is it suitable for couples?
- Is it suitable for children?
- What sizes are available?
- Are Emma Mattresses any good?
What material is Emma Original Mattress made of?
Emma Original Mattress is made of high-quality premium materials and fabrics that have proven themselves over time. The most modern technologies and innovations are used in its production. They have all passed a series of strict quality assurance tests.
The core of the model is made of HRX, which stands for High Resiliency Extra, a high-quality foam that can withstand high loads. 5 adaptive cut-outs zone correctly distributes the weight of the body correctly in the longitudinal direction and provides good orthopedic support.
Halo Memory Foam. Innovative memory foam that gently adapts to the body to keep the spine in proper shape. It also significantly relieves muscles and joints during sleep.
Point Elastic Airgocell®
Our groundbreaking Point Elastic Airgocell® technology enhances breathability and regulates temperature by absorbing and then evaporating sweat – so rising temperatures won’t have you disturb your nights.
Emma UltraDry Original Cover. The award-winning Emma UltraDry breathable cover is both refreshing and practical. This temperature-regulating cover is moisture-wicking, easily removable, and washable.
Materials used in the cover:
- Top cover: 99% polyester, 1% elastane
- Side cover: 100% polyester –
- Bottom cover: 87% polyester, 13% polypropylene
How firm is Emma Original Mattress?
The mattress is comfortable with good support for the back, neck, and pelvis. It has a medium firmness level. The model is suitable for all sleeping positions. It may feel too soft for heavy back and stomach sleepers.
How does it feel?
The mattress feels very comfortable thanks to the cushioning layers of memory foam and Point Elastic Airgocell®, but despite its softness, it feels very supportive thanks to its zoned core of highly elastic foam. If we had to describe it in two words: comfortable and healthy. The innovative foam helps regulate body temperature and prevents excessive sweating during sleep. We should note that it might feel too soft for people over 230 pounds.
Is it suitable for any bed?
According to the manufacturer, the Emma Original Mattress is suitable for any bed base. However, keep in mind that a base can slightly change the feel of the mattress. With a hard bed bases, most mattresses feel slightly firmer than specified by the manufacturer. With this model, the difference is barely noticeable, and we agree with the manufacturer’s statement.
Does it have a removable cover?
One of the pros we mentioned in the introduction to Emma Original Mattress is that it has a removable cover. You can very quickly and easily remove the mattress cover and wash it. This is a big plus for the hygiene that you can easily maintain in your bed. Of course, it is recommended to use a mattress protector. Using a mattress protector can significantly extend the life of your new mattress. Mattress Cleaning – 8 tips for Mattress Cleaning
Does it have a home test period?
Emma Original Mattress is UK’s most-awarded memory foam mattress. The manufacturer is so convinced of the quality of its materials and the comfort of the mattress that it offers you a 200-night trial period. During this time you can find out for yourself how comfortable it is at home. If you don’t like it, you can simply fill out the return form and Emma will take care of the rest, free of charge of course. The trial also depends on your location, it is 365 nights in the US and Canada. Check out the terms for the UK below:
23.1 This offer is valid on the Emma Original mattress, the Emma Hybrid mattress, the Emma Premium mattress, the Emma One mattress, the Emma Signature Bed, the Emma Signature Storage Bed, the Emma Under bed storage set and the Emma Divan Bed.
23.2 The Emma Essential mattress and the refurbished mattresses bought via Wowcher are exempt from this offer. The Emma Essential comes with a 14-day trial period. The Emma Flip Topper comes with a 100-day trial period. The Emma Pillows and Emm Hug come with a 30-day trial period. Emma beddings including the Emma Mattress Protector and the Emma Cloud Duvet are not guaranteed with trial periods but can be returned within the 14-day window in a brand-new resalable condition (apply the UK’s standard eCommerce return policy for hygiene products).
23.3 This offer can be applied retrospectively on orders placed on or after April 26th, 2022.
23.4 This offer cannot be applied retrospectively to orders placed before April 26th, 2022.
23.5 The period to cancel expires at 12am on the 200th day since the date the order was delivered.
23.6 The 200-night trial is offered on the basis of goodwill and, as such, we reserve the right to alter the 200-night trial without prior notice.
Is it suitable for couples?
Our testers found the Emma Original to provide strong movement isolation and prevent motion from transferring across its surface. These features make it perfect for couples.
Is it suitable for children? Emma Original Mattress Review 2023
Recent studies have shown that medium-firm and firm mattresses without an additional memory foam layer are suitable for growing children (3-7 years). Therefore, Emma Original Mattress is not suitable for your children.
What sizes are available?
You can order the mattress in the following sizes:
- UK Single: W90 L190 D25 cm. – 15.6 kg
- UK Small Double: W120 L190 D25 cm. – 20.8 kg
- UK Double: W135 L190 D25 cm. – 23.4 kg
- UK King: W150 L200 D25 cm. – 27.4 kg
- UK Super King: W180 L200 D25 cm. – 37 kg
- EU Single: W90 L200 D25 cm. – 18.5 kg
- EU Double: W140 L200 D25 cm. – 29.5 kg
- EU King: W160 L200 D25 cm. – 33 kg
How thick is Emma Original Mattress?
The height of the mattress is 10″ (25 cm). The zoned core is 19.5 cm high. On top of it there is a 2 cm high. Halo Memory Foam and last is 2.5cm. Point Elastic Airgocell®. All layers are covered with the Emma UltraDry Original cover.
Emma Original Mattress comes with a ten-year warranty that covers cracks, dents or other damage to the foam caused by proper use and handling of the mattress. If your Emma Original mattress develops a defect during this time, it will be replaced with a new one by the manufacturer. Conditions of the warranty for the United Kingdom:
How much does the delivery cost?
You can order the mattress with FREE delivery. Estimate time 1-3 business days. The mattress is rolled up in a practical transport box with dimensions 45x45x110cm.
Emma Original Mattress is quite affordable compared to similar models on the market. In addition to the low price, you can also benefit from installment purchases without additional costs.
Are Emma Mattresses any good?
According to the customer reviews, our tests by professionals with many years of experience in sleep solutions and the many awards, they are a very good choice for a mattress.
Awards for Emma Mattresses:
- Wired Recommends, 2021 “The best mattress for regulating temperature”
- Real Homes Rated Gold, 2021 “Best Mattress UK 2021”
- T3, 2021 “An impressive hybrid option with great support”
- Which? Consumers’ Association, 2020 “Exceptional. It’s one of the highest-scoring mattresses we’ve tested in years.”
- Ideal Home, 2020 “Provided a super comfortable sleep on whatever our chosen night-time position”
- Real Homes, 2020 “Designed to suit all manner of body shapes, weights and sleeping positions, we can vouch it worked for us.”
- T3, 2020 “Extremely comfortable and supportive, sleeping on the new Emma mattress is like a dream. Can there be a better mattress than this?”
- The Independent, 2020 “This is as good as it gets”
- Good Housekeeping, 2020 “Perfect for every sleep in every situation”
- The Mattress Guide, 2020 “There is no doubt that this is the UK’s leading mattress”
- Best Mattress UK, 2020 “We think this is the Gold Standard of boxed mattresses.”
- The Mattress Guide, 2020 “ The optimal combination of the three foam layers assures the perfect night’s sleep.”
- T3, 2019 “Emma has managed to rise above the excellent competition in this area to be crowned best mattress”
- The i, 2019 “This design provided a comfortable, non-sweaty night’s rest for both our testers.”
Verdict for Emma Original Mattress.
The Emma Original Mattress is a very affordable and extremely comfortable mattress. The memory foam adds to the comfortable feel and combined with the Point Elastic Airgocell layer, eliminates the heat effect that most memory mattresses have. After all, you’ll be spending the next 10 years on this mattress, and considering the price, the feel, and the materials, it’s definitely worth it.
You can buy it with 0% interest in installments.
If you are looking for a firmer model, you can check Emma Premium Mattress Review
If you want more comfort, then check Emma Hybrid Mattress Review